Renowned spine experts share recent advances on the management of spinal infections
AOSpine Masters Series, Volume 10: Spinal Infections is a concise, state-of-the-art review covering all aspects of spinal infections - from basic science and epidemiology to fundamental surgical and nonsurgical approaches. Internationally renowned spine surgeons Luis Roberto Vialle, S. Rajasekaran, RishiKanna, Giuseppe Barbagallo, and many experts across the world, provide clinical pearls and insights gleaned from years of hands-on expertise. This book provides discussion of underlying pathologies, imaging and diagnosis, and surgical techniques, with a focus on issues specific to children, co-infectionwith HIV, postoperative problems, geriatric patients, and pseudoarthrosis.
- Overviews on the epidemiology, microbiology, and pathology of spinal infections
- Detailed review of imaging, and other investigations
- Treatment planning and surgical techniques
- Risk stratification and prevention of post-operative infection
- Pathogenesis, clinical features, diagnosis, and treatment of pyogenic spondylodiscitis in various regions of the spine
- Clinical pearls on the management of spinal tuberculosis, including drug therapy and surgery
The AOSpine Masters series, a co-publication of Thieme and the AOSpine Foundation, addresses current clinical issues featuring international masters sharing their expertise in the core areas in the field. The goal of the series is to contribute to an evidence-based approach to spine care.
This textbook is essential reading for all spine surgeons. Orthopaedic and neurosurgery residents, as well as veteran surgeons will find this a useful tool for daily practice.