This practical guide is a compilation of firsthand expertise from leading authorities around the world on the use of ultrasound elastography. The stiffness or softness of theimaged tissue derived from elastography provides accurate radiologic diagnosis for disease processes including cancer, inflammation, and fibrosis. It is an efficacious and accuratediagnostic imaging modality that helps avoid invasive biopsies.
The first two chapters cover basic fundamental principles of elastography, with subsequent chapters exploring pathology-specific utilization. The authors cover the extensivelyvalidated and implemented use of elastography for diffuse liver disease, and diseases of the breast andthyroid gland. They also discuss the potential benefits and limitations forthe prostate, spleen, pancreas, kidneys, musculoskeletal system, salivary glands, lymph nodes, and testes. The book concludes with a chapter on potential future applications ofthis ever-evolving technology.
- Discussion of keydifferencesbetweenstrainelastography and shear wave elastographyby individual organsystems
- Clinicalpearlsonhow to accuratelyperformelastography and tipsforavoiding false-positive or false-negativeresults
- Case studieselucidatethetargeted use of elastographicfindingsbyspecificpathology
- Illustrations in thebreast and liverchaptersdemonstrate precise transducertechniques
- MRI elastography as anemerging and safeassessmenttool, primarilyforthe diagnosis of liverdisease, withemergentpotentialforadditionalorgans
This book provides key knowledge on visualizing quantifiable differences in tissue elasticity and applying this data to improved treatment strategies for diverse pathologies. It isessential reading for radiologists, sonographers, and imaging technicians.