Designed for both the self-learner and classroom use, this educational ICD-10-CM coding resource teaches the user how to make the correct decision when selecting diagnosis codes using the new coding system. Written for all skill levels from basic toadvanced, Principles of ICD-10-CM Coding provides examples of real-life chart notes to enhance understanding and provides the tools needed to select ICD-10-CM codes confidently.
Organized in two sections, Part I provides an overview of the material in ICD-10-CM covering conventions and terminology, content, format, general coding guidelines, the coding process and supplementary classifications. Part II presents the basic guidelines forcoding each chapter and provides concrete instructions on how to code the diseases and injuries categorized in ICD-10-CM.
Features and Benefits
- UPDATED CODES! content has beenupdated and revisedusingthe 2017 ICD-10-CM code set.
- Introduction to ICD-10-CM contains conventions and terminologyused in the ICD-10-CM codingsystem.
- Chaptersorganizedbycodebooksection allow thereader to followalongwiththe ICD-10-CM codebook.
- Chart notes code directlyfrom real-life chart notes from medical records usingthe ICD-10-CM codingsystem.
- Tools forself-learning and classroomuse includes end-of-chapterexerciseswithanswers, PowerPoint® presentationsforinstructors, additionalexerciseswithanswers and mid-term and final examinations.
Physicians, medical students, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, non-physician providers, coders, billers, clinical staff and consultants.
Deborah J. Grider, CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CEMS, COBGC, CCS-P, CDIP, is an approved ICD-10 trainer with the American Health Information Management Association. Her background includes many year of practical experience inreimbursementissues, procedural and diagnostic coding, and medical practice management.
Ms. Grider teaches and consults with private practices, physician networks and hospital-based educational programs. Under a federal retraining grant, she helpeddevelop and implement a medical assisting program for Methodist Hospital of Indiana. She conducts many seminars throughout the year on coding and reimbursement issues and teaches several insurance courses and coding courses for various organizations.