Musculoskeletal Injuries and Conditions: Assessment and Management is a practical guide to diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions in clinical practice. More comprehensive than a handbook, yet more clinically-focused than a desk reference, this volume is a one-stop guide for clinicians who deal with musculoskeletal disorders and injuries in the practice setting.
The book is organized by anatomic region, from neck to toe, and written in outline format. Each chapter concisely presents the basic knowledge that every practitioner needs to have at the ready in the outpatient clinical context. Taking a uniform approach based on isolating symptoms and the location of the pain, the book presents a uniquely practical template for nonoperative management of a broad spectrum of musculoskeletal problems. All chapters include epidemiology, anatomy, biomechanics, physical examination, diagnostic studies, and treatment. Flowcharts for differential diagnosis and initial management are provided for chief complaints. Helpful tables, lists, and over 150 anatomic illustrations supplement the text throughout. Given the increasing importance of ultrasound in clinical decision-making at the point of care, a mini-atlas of normal and abnormal findings for common injuries is presented as part of the imaging work-up.
Designed to help busy practitioners diagnose and treat musculoskeletal disorders in the clinic or office, this book is an essential resource for physicians in rehabilitation and sports medicine, primary care, orthopedics, and other health care professionals who work in outpatient settings.
- Provides a consistent approach to managing common musculoskeletal conditions based on location of pain
- Bulleted format and clear heading structure make it easy to find information
- More than 30 flowcharts map out differential diagnosis, diagnostic approach, and initial management strategy for each complaint
- Packed with useful tables, lists, and over 150 illustrations of surface anatomy
- Integrates musculoskeletal ultrasound into the imaging workup, with over 40 normal and abnormal scans to aid in recognizing signature pathologies at the point of care
- Purchase includes access to the fully-searchable downloadable e-book with image bank
- APPROACH TO THE PATIENT WITH A MUSCULOSKELETAL PROBLEM
- WRIST AND HAND
- HIP AND THIGH
- ANKLE ANKLE AND FOOT
- OTHER PAIN SYNDROMES