Now in its second edition, Sports Medicine: Study Guide and Review for Boards is the leading comprehensive review text surveying the breadth of nonsurgical sports medicine. Covering topics pertinent to (and found on) the Sports Medicineboard examination, the book is intended as a primary study tool for candidates preparing for the exam or recertification.
All of the subject areas tested on the boards are represented, including basic science and general procedures, health promotion and preventive interventions, emergency assessment and care, and diagnosis, management, and treatment of thefull range of sports-related injuries and conditions. The editors have used the exam content outline as a blueprint for organizing the book so the space allotted to each chapter reflects the corresponding emphasis of the topic on the exam.
For the Second Edition, all chapters have been completely revised and updated to reflect the latest information and practice guidelines. A new section devoted to "Hot Topics" features new chapters on regenerative medicine and sportsultrasound, two rapidly expanding areas. This edition also contains a practice test with over 250 questions to help candidates identify knowledge gaps and fine-tune test taking skills prior to the examination.
This proven resource for board review, program, or practical use provides the concise, high-yield facts that residents, fellows, trainees, and clinicians in any discipline need to supplement their training in non-operative sports medicine.
- Written in outlineformatforeasyaccess to pertinentinformation
- Provides a comprehensivereview of alltopicscoveredontheSports Medicine Boardexamination
- Editors and contributors are renownedexperts and teachers in thefield of sports medicine and relevant medical and surgicalspecialties
- Includes more than 100 figures and tables to illustratekeypoints and enhancelearning
- New practice test assessesclinicalknowledge and assistswith final preparationforboards, MOC, or in-training exams
Mark A. Harrast, MD, Director, Sports Medicine Fellowship, Clinical Associate Professor of Rehabilitation, Orthopedics, and Sports Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, WA.
John T. Finnoff, DO, Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Mayo Clinic Sports Medicine Center, Rochester, MN