Are you looking for concise, practical answers to those questions that are often left unanswered by traditional pediatric obesity references? Are you seeking brief, evidence-based advice for complicated cases or controversial decisions? Curbside Consultation in Pediatric Obesity: 49 Clinical Questions provides quick answers to the tricky questions most commonly posed during a “curbside consultation” between pediatricians.
Dr. Jeannie Huang has designed this unique reference which offers expert advice, preferences, and opinions on tough clinical questions commonly associated with pediatric obesity. The unique Q&A format provides quick access to current information related to pediatric obesity with the simplicity of a conversation between two colleagues. Numerous images, diagrams, and references allow readers to browse large amounts of information in an expedited fashion.
Some of the questions that are answered:
- How can a primary care practitioner manage obesity?
- My patients often ask me about fad diets for weight loss. What is the bottom line about fad diets - are they benign or do some have associated adverse risks?
- What are some of the behavioral programs available for obese children and how do I choose which would be the most appropriate for my obese patients?
- I am often asked about bariatric surgery. What are the different weight loss surgeries for pediatric patients? What are the important considerations, associated complications, and effectiveness of each type of surgery?
- How do I get reimbursed for delivery of weight management therapies in the office?
- Are there any effective technologies (apps, sensors) available to help
pediatric patients lose weight?Curbside Consultation in Pediatric Obesity:
49 Clinical Questions provides information basic enough for residents while
also incorporating expert advice that even high-volume pediatricians will
appreciate. Pediatricians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and
family practitioners will benefit from the user-friendly, casual format and
the expert advice contained within.