This bestselling pediatric sports medicine resource provides step-by-step demonstrations of the examination and evaluation techniques for common sports injuries. It includes multi-media case-based text with video and covers physical examination keys; when to order x-rays, CT scans, MRIs; treatment plan and development; and case-based cover of common injuries including ankle and foot; knee and lower leg; shoulder, wrist and elbow; hip and spine; and concussion preventive strategies.
All chapters are fully reviewed and updated. It includes:
- A new chapter – Trends in Prevention of Sports Injury in the Young Athlete.
- Five new sport-specific chapters on soccer, baseball, collision sports, gymnastics, and running.
- Chapters that provide an overview of the sports, and suggestions on how pediatric health professionals can ensure the safest experience in the sport.
This all encompassing resource allows you to:
- Walk through specific cases to see common issues at different stages of development
- View examinations and tests to dertermine the extent and location of injury
- See how preventive strengthening exercises should be performed
- Profit from seeing proven approaches to diagnosing and managing sports injuries.
- Learn which tests to order and when.
- Save practice time with informative patient education handouts.