A Clinical Guide to Autistic Spectrum Disorders provides primary care health care providers with information for the recognition, evaluation, and multidisciplinary approach to the management of autistic spectrum disorders, which have a wide and sometimes confusing presentation.
- Includes appropriate treatments/medications
- Includes Solution site to house text as well as several appendices for practitioner to print and hand out to patients
- Provides highlighted boxes and algorithms that help clinicians find and digest information quickly
- Provides information necessary for practice-based change to meet the challenge of autism
- Text is symptom-based assessment, and provides a synthesis of current information for evaluation and management of autism, as well as an extensive list of resources, both for physicians and for families.
- Written by autism experts
Patricia Evans MD, FAAN, FAAP
Associate Professor of Neurology, Pediatrics Director, Neurodevelopmental Disabilities Residency, University of Texas Southwestern School of Medicine, Dallas, TX
Mary Ann Morris PhD
Coordinator Psychometrician, Neurology Department, Children's Medical Center of Dallas, Dallas, TX