About this book
- Provides an easily accessible reference volume for live cell imaging
- Written by leading researchers in the field
- Details the analysis of a number of key biological parameters and processes on the scale of a single cell
- Covers a broad range of imaging techniques, probes, assay formats, and applications
- Presents a systematic approach to setting up imaging assays and conducting the experiments with live cells
- Serves as a comprehensive guide to developing, running, and analyzing various parameters of cellular function
Now a routine tool in biomedical and life science research, live cell imaging has made major progress enabling this core biochemical, cell, and molecular biology technique to become even more powerful, versatile, and affordable. In Live Cell Imaging: Methods and Protocols, a panel of expert contributors provide a comprehensive compendium of experimental approaches to live cell imaging in the form of several overview chapters followed by representative examples and case studies covering different aspects of the most current methodology. By examining a range of state-of-the-art protocols extensively validated in complex biological studies, this volume highlights new experimental and instrumental opportunities and helps researchers to select appropriate imaging methods for their specific biological questions and measurement tasks. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular Biology™ series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Live Cell Imaging: Methods and Protocols promises to contribute greatly to the further development and dissemination of this fundamentally important technology which spans across many disciplines including molecular and cell biology, chemistry, physics, optics, engineering, cell physiology, and medicine.
Written for » Professional/practitioner
Keywords » Data analysis algorithms - Multi-mode microscopes - Multi-photon excitation - Optoelectronics - Probes - Sample manipulation
Related subjects » Life Sciences - Radiology