In the second edition of his widely acclaimed and definitive book, James Tcheng and a panel of authorities have thoroughly updated and revised the first edition with fresh perspectives and the latest scientific and clinical developments in primary percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). This edition addresses the relentless movement toward stent implantation during PCI, while incorporating the latest long-term outcomes data from primary PCI literature. Revised chapters discuss the most up-to-date technical approaches to PCI and review recent clinical trials, while outlining the evidence for primary coronary intervention as the standard of care for any patient sustaining an acute myocardial infarction. New chapters provide a glimpse into the future, reviewing the promising new research regarding cell therapies that target the regeneration of myocardium following cell death. Timely and authoritative, Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Acute Myocardial Infarction, Second Edition provides cardiologists, cardiology fellows, interventional cardiologists and family physicians alike with a highly readable a-to-z approach to the critical issues in primary coronary intervention.
Written for: Cardiologists, cardiology fellows, internists,
family physicians, residents, interns, and medical students
- Acute Myocardial Infarction
- Cell Therapy
- Coronary Intervention
- Platelet Glycoprotein IIb/IIa
“...interventional cardiologists and fellows in training this book is a must: many will appreciate the valuable practical tips included in this the very current and comprehensive review of the literature.” - Acta Cardiologica
Table of contents
- Overview, Rationale and Lexicon: Primary Percutaneous Coronary Intervention in Acute Myocardial Infarction. Warren J. Cantor, MD
- Comparison of Reperfusion Strategies for ST Elevation Acute Myocardial Infarction: Primary Coronary Intervention versus Fibrinolysis. Bruce R. Brodie, M.D.
- Operator and Site Requirements for Primary Coronary Intervention. Mark I. Hainer, D.O. and Michael H Sketch, Jr., M.D.
- Primary Coronary Intervention: The Technical Approach. David A. Cox, MD.
- Primary Coronary Intervention in Community Hospitals with Off-Site Cardiac Surgery Backup: Rationale and Steps to Quality. Thomas P. Wharton Jr, MD and Nancy Sinclair, APRN.
- Reducing System and Process Barriers: The RACE to Improve Door to Balloon Performance. James G. Jollis, MD and Jenny C. Underwood, RN.
- Rescue Coronary Intervention for Failed Thrombolysis. Nezar Falluji, MD, MPH, David J Moliterno, MD and Debabrata Mukherjee, MD, MS.
- Facilitated Percutaneous Coronary Intervention. Pantelis Diamantouros, MD and Ing Haan Lim, MD.
- Therapies Targeted at Preserving Microvascular Integrity and Preventing Reperfusion Injury. Yeraldine Toledo, MD and Alan W. Heldman, MD.
- Platelet Glycoprotein IIb/IIIa Receptor Blockade in Primary Coronary Intervention. Adnan K. Chhatriwalla, MD and Sorin J. Brener, MD.
- Cell Therapy in Acute Myocardial Infarction. Geraldo A. Ramos, MD, Joshua M. Hare, MD and Alan W. Heldman, MD.
- Health Economics of Primary PCI. Richard Konstance, MD, MBA & Russell
J. Ivanhoe, MD, MBA.