Table of contents
1. Preventive Cardiology: The SHAPE of the Future.
2. From Vulnerable Plaque to Vulnerable Patient.
3. Pathology of Vulnerability Caused by High Risk (Vulnerable) Arteries and Plaques.
4. Pathophysiology of Vulnerability Caused by Thrombogenic (Vulnerable) Blood.
5. Vulnerability Caused by Arrhythmogenic Vulnerable Myocardium.
6. Approach to the Identification of the Vulnerable Patient.- Current Screening Guidelines in Primary Prevention.- Burden of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease. Risk Factors vs Susceptibility vs Vulnerability. Screening for Silent Disease to Prevent Deadly Disease. Screening for Atherosclerosis vs Screening for Risk Factors of Atherosclerosis. Methods for the Detection of Subclinical Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease.
7. History of evolution of cardiovascular risk factors and the predictive value of Traditional Risk Factor-Based Risk Assessment.
8. Comprehensive Lipid Profiling Beyond LDL.
9. New Serum Markers of Inflammation and Atherosclerosis.
10. Genetic Screening and Sudden Cardiac Death.
11. Genomics and Proteomics: The Role of Contemporary Biomolecular Analysis.- In Advancing the Knowledge of Atherosclerotic Coronary Artery Disease.
12. Circulating Endothelial Progenitor Cells – Mechanism and Measurements.
13. Family History: An index of genetic and environmental predisposition to coronary artery disease.
14. Integration of Markers of Endothelial Activation in Mechanism-based Management of Coronary Artery Disease.
Non Invasive, Non Imaging, Assessment of Atherosclerotic Cardiovascular Disease (ACVD)
15. Exercise stress testing in asymptomatic individuals and its relation to subclinical atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease
16. The Ankle Brachial Index
17. Arterial Elasticity/Stiffness
18. Assessment of Endothelial Function in Clinical Practice
19. Digital (Fingertip) Thermal Monitoring of Vascular Function: A Novel Non-invasive Non-imaging Test to Improve Traditional Cardiovascular Risk Assessment and Monitoring of Response to Treatments
20. Assessment of Macro & Micro Vascular Function and Reactivity
Non Invasive Structural Imaging of Subclinical ACVD
21. Computed Tomographic Angiography
22. Carotid Intima-Media Thickness
23. Carotid intima-media thickness: clinical implementation in individual cardiovascular risk assessment
24. Non-Invasive Coronary CT Angiography
25. Non-Invasive CT v.s. MRI for Characterization of Atherosclerosis Plaque
26. Non-Invasive Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Aorta and Coronary Arteries
27. The Role of MRI in Examining Subclinical Carotid Plaque
Non Invasive Functional Imaging of Subclinical ACVD
28. Ultrasound Imaging of Brachial Artery Reactivity (FMD)
29. Silent and Stress-Induced Myocardial Ischemia
30. Targeted MRI of Molecular Components in Atherosclerotic Plaque
31. Non Invasive imaging of vulnerable myocardium- MRI and CT based Invasive Assessment of ACVD
32. Angiographic Detection of Complex and Vulnerable Atherosclerotic Plaques
33. Intravascular Methods for Characterizing Potentially High Risk Coronary Plaques.
34. Detecting Vulnerable Plaque Using Invasive Methods
35. Assessment of Plaque Burden and Composition using Intravascular Ultrasound
36. Vasa Vasorum Imaging: A New Window to the Detection of Vulnerable Atherosclerotic Plaques
37. The First SHAPE Guideline;
38. Cost-Effectiveness of Screening for Atherosclerosis vs. Screening for Risk Factors of Atherosclerosis
39. Monitoring of Subclinical Atherosclerotic Disease
40. Implications of SHAPE Guideline for Improving Patient Compliance
41. The Cost-Conscious SHAPE Guideline – Why Primary Care Physicians Should Embrace It
42. Should we treat based on SHAPE guidelines??
43. Duty-Bound: Philosophical Foundations of Clinical Strategies for Prevention of Cardiovascular Events
44. Dynamic Changes in Risk as the Basis for Therapeutic Triage
Treatment of Subclinical ACVD and Vulnerable Patients
45. LDL Targeted Therapies
46. Antioxidants as targeted therapy: a special protective role for pomegranate and paraoxonases (PONs)
47. Multi-Constituent Cardiovascular Pills (MCCP) – Challenges and Promises of Population Based Prophylactic Drug Therapy for Prevention of Heart Attack
48. Vaccine for Atherosclerosis: An Emerging New Paradigm
Focal Therapies for Vulnerable Arteries and Plaques
49. Drug Eluting Stents: A Potential Preemptive Treatment Choice for Vulnerable Coronary Plaques
50. Intrapericardial Approach for Pan Coronary Stabilization of the Vulnerable Arteries and Myocardium
Educations, Life Style Modifications and Non-pharmacologic Therapies for the Atherosclerosis Susceptible and ACVD Vulnerable Population
51. Dietary Management for Coronary Atherosclerosis Prevention & Treatment
52. Management of Preconditioning Physical Activity in a Vulnerable Patient; Getting in SHAPE
53. Acute Prevention of the Heart Attack: the Identification of Prodromal
Symptom Recognition as the "Rosetta Stone" in Solving the Heart Attack