About This Title
Covering the full-range of disorders, this is the first book to help primary care physicians diagnose and treat ear, nose, and throat problems. With 60% of patients seen by primary care physician presenting with ENT disorders, the need for the book is clear.
It is easy-to-read, concise, and is uniquely symptom-based rather than disease-based, recognizing that patients will not present the primary care physician with any diagnoses. This book will guide the physician as to how to make the diagnosis, what other tests to order, how to decide on treatment, and what the warning signs are for referral to a specialist. Each chapter is based on a symptom and has algorithms for quick reference, as well as explanations on each step of the algorithm. The treatment is also outlined in an algorithmic fashion as well as detailed in the text.
The book is eminently suitable for primary care physicians and emergency room or urgent care personnel, resident physicians in primary care fields, medical students and admirably serves those studying for the Boards, as well as allied health professionals, including ENT nurses and audiologists.
- Diseases of the Ear, Dizziness, and Facial Paralysis
1. The History and Examination of the Ear, Ali Sepehr, Vanessa Rothholtz, Hamid Djalilian
2. Ear Pain, Hamid Djalilian, Sanaz Hamidi
3. Ear Drainage, Alice Lee, Hamid Djalilian
4. Hearing Loss, Vanessa, Hamid Djalilian
5. Tinnitus, Hamid Djalilian, Vanessa Rothholtz, Sanaz Hamidi
6. Ear plugging/popping, Ali Sepehr, Hamid Djalilian
7. Trauma to the Ear, James Ridgway, Hamid Djalilian
8. Facial Paralysis, Hamid Djalilian, Amir Deylamipour, Sanaz Hamidi
9. Dizziness and Vertigo, Hamid Djalilian
- Diseases of the Nose and Sinuses
10. The History and Examination of the Nose, Ed Wu, Vanessa Rothholtz, Hamid Djalilian
11. Nasal Congestion, Paul Schalch, Hamid Djalilian
12. Epistaxis (Nose Bleed), Rohit Garg, Hamid Djalilian
13. Nasal Discharge, Paul Schalch, Quoc Nguyen
14. Other Nasal or Sinus Conditions, Hamid Djalilian
15. Trauma to the Nose and face, Paul Holden, Brian Wong
- Diseases of the Mouth, Throat and Neck
16. The History and Examination, Ed Wu, Vanessa Rothholtz, Hamid Djalilian
17. Problems with the Mouth, Aaron Benson, Ryan Leonard
18. Sore throat, Mehdi Sina, Hamid Djalilian, Victor Passy
19. Hoarseness, Essie Fine, Roger Crumley
20. Swallowing Problems, Essie Fine, Hamid Djalilian
21. Difficulty Breathing, Gurpreet Ahuja, Hamid Djalilian
22. Cough, Roberto Barretto, Hamid Djalilian
23. Salivary Gland and Thyroid/Parathyroid Disorders, William Armstrong
24. Neck Mass, Hau Sin Wong, Jason Kim
25. Neck Pain, Hamid Djalilian
26. Trauma to the Neck, John McGuire, Hamid Djalilian
27. Indications for Common Otolaryngology Procedures, Hamid Djalilian, Gurpreet Ahuja, Roberto Barretto, Hau Sin Wong, David M. Stone
28. Danger Signs in Otolaryngology, Hamid Djalilian
About The Author
Hamid Djalilian, M.D.
Director of the division of otology, neurotology, and skull base surgery
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Baylor College of Medicine
Dr. Hamid R. Djalilian received his M.D. and completed his residency in Otolaryngology at the University of Minnesota. He completed an Otology, Neurotology, and Skull Base Surgery fellowship at Minnesota Ear, Head and Neck Clinic and the University of Minnesota.
Djalilian served as director of the division of otology, neurotology, and skull base surgery at University of Illinois at Chicago and has served on the faculty at Cedars Sinai Medical Center and UCLA prior to joining University of California, Irvine.
He currently serves as the director of the division of otology, neurotology, and skull base surgery at UC Irvine.
He was an honor-award recipient and a clinical scholar from the American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery. He has published and lectured widely on topics related to ear disease, hearing loss, balance problems, and skull base tumors, as well as other general otolaryngology topics.
Primary Subject: Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery / General
Audience Level: Professional