This new text provides current information regarding both autism and Asperger syndrome, focusing on the educational, communication, cognitive, and social challenges associated with each disorder. The book provides accessible information for speech-language pathologists, educators, other professionals, and parents alike, addressing the issues of assessment and diagnosis as well as empirically supported treatment strategies. It is also well-suited for graduate or undergraduate courses.
Table of contents
· Autism and Asperger Syndrome: An Overview
· Autism: A Look at the Puzzle
· Asperger Syndrome: A Potato on the Couch
· Assessment: Screening, Diagnosis, and Evaluation
· Treatment Strategies: Looking for Evidence
· Challenging Behaviors: Facing the Meltdown
· The Future: Where Do We Go from Here?