ASHP’s significantly updated 4th edition of our widely popular Preceptor’s Handbook for Pharmacists expands the content to include current challenges and issues impacting preceptors since fundamental changes have occurred that greatly affect modern practice including:
- The onboarding process
- Wellness and resiliency
- Misconduct and inappropriate behaviors
- Teaching across diverse student populations
To be an effective preceptor, a pharmacist should exhibit clinical competency skills, possess excellent communication skills, and also demonstrate humanistic skills. This edition includes perspectives from across the country and from different or unique practice programs to bring a wide variety of expertise to this edition. The intent is for this book to be reflective on broad practice guidelines.
Our completely updated 4th edition will help shape you into a great leader and will show you how to:
- Integrate pharmacy students and residents into your practice
- Improve essential communication, teaching, and leadership skills
- Motivate and challenge students, set expectations, and acknowledge and understand generational issues and perspectives
- Establish a professional attitude and bearing in your students
- Develop your students' cultural competency
- Grasp essential teaching skills fundamental to your students' success
- Master the administrative detail of being a pharmacy preceptor
- Understand the skills needed to mentor pharmacy residents and those in fellowships
The Preceptor's Handbook for Pharmacists, 4th edition is the updated and expanded authoritative resource for both new and experienced pharmacy preceptors to create a lifelong impact on young pharmacists.