Trissel’s™ Stability of Compounded Formulations is the only book in print that compiles all currently available stability information on drugs in compounded oral, enteral, topical, ophthalmic, and other specialized preparations.
Based on data published over the past 60 years, the reference summarizes specific formulations and stability studies. It helps readers (a) determine whether formulated compounds will be stable for the anticipated duration of use, (b) properly store and repackage compounded formulations and some commercial products, (c) formulate in accordance with documented standards, and (d) counsel patients on the use and storage of compounded medications.
- Monographs on 571 products—including 61 new monographs and 163 monographs updated from the previous edition—arranged alphabetically by nonproprietary name.
- Each monograph organized into three easy-to-use categories: Properties, General Stability Considerations, and Stability Reports of Compounded Preparations, including repackaging information
- Fourth and fifth categories included where information is available: Compatibility with Other Drugs and Compatibility with Common Beverages and Foods
- Summaries from 2,043 published articles and books, including 329 new to this edition
- Index of nonproprietary and brand names