Since 1980, the American Occupational Therapy Association has collected its
official documents—must-have information for occupational therapy students
and practitioners—into one handy, frequently updated reference work. The
20th edition continues that tradition and includes concept papers, guidelines,
position papers, roles papers, specialized knowledge and skills papers, standards,
statements, and information on the American Occupational Therapy Foundation.
In addition to the 3rd edition of the Occupational Therapy Practice Framework: Domain and Process, this volume contains many valuable and timely documents. Several that are new to this edition include
- Complex Environmental Modifications
- Guidelines for Reentry Into the Field of Occupational Therapy
- Importance of Interprofessional Education in Occupational Therapy Curricula
- Occupational Therapy Code of Ethics (2015)
- Occupational Therapy for Children and Youth Using Sensory Integration Theory and Methods in School-Based Practice
- Occupational Therapy’s Perspective on the Use of Environments and Contexts to Facilitate Health, Well-Being, and Participation in Occupations
- Standards for Continuing Competence
- Value of Occupational Therapy Assistant Education to the Profession.
This text is a valuable resource for occupational therapy practitioners and managers and provides a solid grounding in the profession for students.