The new edition of this best-selling title from the popular 100 cases series explores common paediatric scenarios that will be encountered by the medical student and junior doctor during practical training on the ward, in the emergency department, in outpatient clinicsand in the community, and which are likely to feature in qualifying examinations. The book covers a comprehensive range of presentations from cough to constipation, organized by sub-specialty area for ease of reference. Comprehensive answers highlight key takehome points from each case and provide practical advice on how to deal with the challenges that occur when practising paediatric medicine at all levels.
- Succinct case studies presented in an easy to read format
- Questions at the end of each case prompt readers to think about their options for treatment or actions they should consider
- Answer pages guide readers through the experienced clinician's sequence of thoughts and actions, listing legal and ethical issues, and outlining clinical considerations
- Relevant legislation is highlighted throughout the text
- Includes input from consultants, lawyers, religious leaders and healthcare professionals
Respiratory. Cardiology. Endocrinology and diabetes. Gastroenterology. Nephrology. Infections. Dermatology. Haematology. Bones and joints. Neurology. Child and adolescent psychiatry. Neonatology. Miscellaneous
Dr Ronny Cheung
Consultant Paediatrician, Evelina Children's Hospital, Guy’s & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK.
Dr Aubrey Cunnington
Clinical Senior Lecturer, Imperial College, London, UK
Honorary Consultant in Paediatric Infectious Diseases, St Mary’s Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust.
Dr Simon Drysdale
NIHR Academic Clinical Lecturer, University of Oxford, UK
Honorary specialty registrar in Paediatric Infectious Diseases and Immunology, Children’s Hospital, Oxford, UK
Dr Joseph Raine
Consultant Paediatrician, Whittington Health, London, UK
Dr Joanna Walker
Consultant Paediatrician, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust, Portsmouth, UK.