This book covers the latest research and advancements related to articular cartilage in biology, development, pathology, clinical applications and tissue engineering. The authors take an interdisciplinary approachthat encompasses the breadth and depth of basic science, bioengineering, translational science and detailed methological approaches. It is designed to be an all encompassing encyclopedia of articular cartilage.Written at a level that allows wide accessibility, the book’s comprehensive focus on multiple aspects of articular cartilage sets it apart from other books.
- Introduces subject material written by world class experts in the field of articular cartilage and cartilage engineering
- Includes overviews of the biomechanical function and properties of cartilages as well as the structure-function
- Examines the development of cartilage from cells to tissue with a detailed overview of the signaling
- Details several culture methods such as the use of 3D culture systems commonly used for cartilage tissue
- Provides an important snapshot of the ever-changing landscape of regulatory and commercial affairs
Structure and Function of Cartilage. Articular Cartilage Development. Articular Cartilage Pathology and Therapies. Tissue Engineering of Articular Cartilage. Methods for Evaluating Articular Cartilage Quality. Perspectives on the Translational Aspects of Articular Cartilage Biology. Experimental Protocols.