Published in collaboration with American Journal of Therapeutics, Therapeutic Advances in Hospital Medicine: Focus on the Older Adult is a concise, practical reference that helps you provide optimal care to geriatric patients in the hospital setting. Ideal for hospitalists, geriatricians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants, this easy-to-read monograph presents expert advice on effectively managing common conditions seen in this growing patient population.
- Discusses common geriatric hospital presentations such as congestive heart failure, complicated urinary tract infections, symptomatic hyponatremia, orthostatic hypotension, delirium, chronic pain, and insomnia.
- Includes a section on medication management that addresses the issues of overdose and conflicting prescriptions that arise from multiple medical conditions.
- Highlights important therapeutic advances in caring for patients with anticoagulant-induced bleeding and diabetes.
- Covers improved interdisciplinary collaboration for perioperative care, nutritional support, and advanced care planning.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more