Updated with the latest clinical advances, Rowland and Tozer’s Clinical Pharmacokinetics and Pharmacodynamics, Fifth Edition, explains the relationship between drug administration and drug response, taking a conceptual approach that emphasizes clinical application rather than science and mathematics. Bringing a real-life perspective to the topic, the book simplifies concepts and gives readers the knowledge they need to better evaluate drug applications.
- Key updates reflect advances in PK/PD as related to clinical decision making and drug research and development.
- An emphasis on the clinical relevance of drugs makes the book especially applicable to pharmacy students preparing for a career in clinical practice.
- Hundreds of graphs and tables provide visual representations of key pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic principles and effects.
- More than 200 carefully written study questions, with answers and in-depth explanations, help readers enhance their conceptual understanding and learn and retain key information.
- New and updated examples connect chapter content to real-world settings.
- Interactive online simulations give students practice using different pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamic models and parameters.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech
- Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more