Enhanced by 25 online procedural videos, Torres’ Patient Care in Imaging Technology, 9th Edition helps students develop the knowledge and skills they need to become safe, perceptive, and efficient radiologic technologists. The book offers a strong illustration program and a logical organization that emphasizes the connections between classroom learning and clinical practice. Fully aligned with the latest ARRT and ASRT standards, this edition covers current trends and advances in the field and offers an unparalleled array of online teaching and learning resources.
- eBOOK AVAILABLE. Faster, smarter, and more convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and much more.
- NEW ALIGNMENT! Full alignment with the latest ARRT and ASRT standards helps prepare students for certification and successful practice.
- NEW VIDEOS! Featuring 15 brand new patient procedure videos, this edition illustrates all 25 Procedure boxes in the text with how-to videos that help students master the steps of each procedure.
- ENHANCED CASE STUDIES! New and updated case studies with critical thinking questions give students practice dealing with the types of real-world situations they will encounter on the job.
- NEW! SITUATIONAL JUDGEMENT SECTIONS: These new sections build critical thinking skills by presenting practical situations and asking students to assess them based on what they have learned.
- NEW! Chapter-ending reminders and notes throughout the text encourage students to visit thePoint for additional resources, such as videos and audio flash cards that will help them master text content.
- NEW CONTENT: The text reflects new and relevant advances in the field, including updates in pediatric, geriatric, trauma, and mobile imaging.
- CULTURALLY SENSITIVE: Cultural Considerations boxes demonstrate the importance of being aware of the cultural and ethnic backgrounds of patients.
- STUDENT-FOCUSED: Learning Objectives and Key Terms that orient students to the chapter; Display boxes that highlight accreditation, competency, or skills information; and Call Out and Warning boxes that alert students to important facts and common pitfalls help students prepare for practice.