Lippincott Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry�is the long-established, first-and-best resource for the essentials of biochemistry. Students rely on this text to help them quickly�review, assimilate, and�integrate�large amounts of critical and complex information. For more thantwo decades, faculty and students have praised�this best-selling biochemistry textbook for its matchless�illustrations that make concepts come to life.
- Master all the latest biochemistry knowledge,�thanks to extensive revisions and updated content throughout, including an expanded chapter on macronutrients, a completely new chapter on micronutrients, and much more. A bonus chapter on blood clotting with new, additional questions is included online.
- See how biochemistry applies to everyday healthcare�through�integrative, chapter-based cases as well as �Clinical� boxes throughout.
- Learn and study effortlessly�with a concise outline format, abundant full-color artwork, and chapter overviews and summaries.
- Look for icons�that signal an animation at thePoint�or an integrative clinical case in the Appendix.
- Assess and reinforce your learning�with more than 200 new review questions available online.
Chapter 1: Amino Acids
Chapter 2: Protein Structure
Chapter 3: Globular Proteins
Chapter 4: Fibrous Proteins
Chapter 5: Enzymes
Chapter 6: Bioenergetics and Oxidative Phosphorylation
Chapter 7: Introduction to Carbohydrates
Chapter 8: Introduction to Metabolism and Glycolysis
Chapter 9: Tricarboxylic Acid Cycle and Pyruvate Dehydrogenase
Chapter 10: Gluconeogensis
Chapter 11: Glycogen Metabolism
Chapter 12: Metabolism of Monosaccharides and Disaccharides
Chapter 13: Pentose Phosphate Pathway and Nicotinamide Adenine Dinucleotide Phosphate
Chapter 14: Glycosaminoglycans, Proteoglycans, and Glycoproteins
Chapter 15: Dietary Lipid Metabolism
Chapter 16: Fatty Acid, Triacylglycerol, and Ketone Body Metabolism
Chapter 17: Phospholipid, Glycosphingolipid, and Eicosanoid Metabolism
Chapter 18: Cholesterol, Lipoprotein, and Steroid Metabolism
Chapter 19: Amino Acids: Nitrogen Disposal
Chapter 20: Amino Acid Degradation and Synthesis
Chapter 21: Amino Acids: Conversion to Specialized Products
Chapter 22: Nucleotide Metabolism
Chapter 23: Metabolic Effects of Insulin and Glucagon
Chapter 24: The Feed-Fast Cycle
Chapter 25: Diabetes Mellitus
Chapter 26: Obesity
Chapter 27: Nutrition: Macronutrients
Chapter 28: Micronutrients: Vitamins
Chapter 29: Micronutrients: Minerals
Chapter 30: DNA Structure, Replication, and Repair
Chapter 31: RNA Structure, Synthesis, and Processing
Chapter 32: Protein Synthesis
Chapter 33: Regulation of Gene Expression
Chapter 34: Biotechnology and Human Disease
Chapter 35: Blood Clotting
Appendix: Clinical cases