Since 1972, Patterson’s Allergic Diseases has been the go-to reference for healthcare practitioners looking for a comprehensive and practical guide to the diagnosis and treatment of allergic disorders. This eighth edition focuses on patient evaluation and management, and covers immunologic mechanisms, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and diagnostic techniques. Many contributors hail from outside the field of allergy-immunology, providing an invaluable non-specialist perspective on essential clinical practices.
- Discusses the evaluation, treatment, and physiology of common allergies and allergic reactions: insect stings, asthma, food allergies, as well as pulmonary, respiratory, and skin reactions.
- Designed to help primary care providers, internists, pediatricians, nurse practitioners, and physician assistants identify an allergy—such as anaphylaxis, urticaria and angioedema—confirm a diagnosis, find effective therapies, or prepare for board review exams.
- Includes new chapters on laboratory tests and personalized medicine, discussions on new allergy & immunology practice parameters, and the latest information on biologic therapies, drug allergy pathogenesis, environmental controls, and diagnostic testing.
- Incorporates recent evidence-based guidelines, including the Practice Parameters from The Joint Task Force (JTF) on Practice Parameters.
- Now in color to add clarity and depth to tables, figures, and illustrations.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac. Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time—providing a seamless reading experience online or offline.
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks.
- Multiple viewing options that enable you to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design.
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click.