Extensively revised to bring you up to date with new pathologic entities, new treatment methods, and much more, Biopsy Interpretation of the Thyroid, Second Edition is a highly practical guideto neck biopsies that involve thyroid tissue. Presented in a reader-friendly format, it uses a pattern-based approach to the accurate interpretation of thyroid lesions – from normal anatomy andhistology to a wide range of both common and unusual findings. Clinical implications of each diagnosis are highlighted throughout the text to guide therapeutic decision making.
- Coverscommonthyroidbiopsies, bothcytology and surgicalspecimens, and uncommonlesionsthatmay be mistakenforthyroid.
- Includesstate-of-the-art informationonimmunohistochemistry, molecular diagnostics, and flowcytometry.
- Reviewstheadvantages and disadvantages of cytologic and histologicbiopsies in varyingcircumstances.
- Discusses normal structure and function; thevarioustechniquesthat are used to obtain, process and interpretbiopsies; and thediagnosticcriteriathat are applied to thevariouspathologicaldisorders of thethyroid.
- Exclusive online contentincludesthefullysearchabletext, animagebankwithover 400 additional e-figures and a test bank ideal forboardexampreparation.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-linksthat pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and morefor easy navigation
- Highlighting toolfor easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share noteswith friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbingto save your favorite content for future use
About the Author(s)
Scott L. Boerner MD
Director, Cytopathology, University Health Network, Associate Professor, Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology
University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sylvia L. Asa MD
Pathologist-in-Chief & Medical Director, Laboratory Medicine Program, University Health Network, Professor of Laboratory Medicine & Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada