Perfect for primary care physicians, nurse practitioners, and PAs, who are routinely confronted with behavioral health disorders among patients in a primary care setting, the second edition of this unique multimedia handbook—now affiliated with the Association of Medicine and Psychiatry—sits at the intersection of primary care and psychiatry. You’ll find much that is new: updated fundamentals on depression, anxiety, psychosis, substance, and eating disorders, as well as overviews on CBT, motivational therapy, and common pharmacological therapies. With contributors from the worlds of both psychiatry and primary care, you have a perfect package on how to integrate the two in order to deliver better mental health care for your patients.
- Ebook now features 30-minute educational videos, instructional PowerPoint slides, and a 15-question multiple-choice assessment for every chapter.
- Includes tips on navigating the psychiatric interview and updated DSM-5 diagnostic criteria.
- Disorder-specific chapters follow a handy templated format: clinical highlights, diagnosis, treatment, medications, practice tips, and more.
- True-to-life case studies and patient scenarios illuminate key concepts in psychiatry.
- Guidance on navigating the Collaborative Care Model and applying the primary care psychiatry assessment.
- Packed with easy-to-read figures and tables that helps make information easy to digest and implement.
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience with Enhanced Video, Audio and Interactive Capabilities!
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Customize for your language, including right-to-left reading, vertical writing, and enhanced annotation in over 30 languages.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
- Adapt for unique reading needs, supporting learning disabilities, visual/auditory impairments, second-language or literacy challenges, and more.