Now reorganized to align with the updated MBLEx exam, Laura Allen’s Plain
& Simple Guide to Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork Examinations, 3e prepares
students for licensing success with straightforward coverage focused on “need
to know” information. This proven study tool is packed with tips and strategies
for succeeding on the MBLEx exam, including Tips for Passing in every chapter,
anatomical illustrations, and confidence-building affirmations.
Now in full color, this Third Edition features a new student-friendly design and art program that makes information easier to locate and retain, a new Practical Applications feature that connects what students are learning to what they will see in practice, and an enhanced array of teaching and learning resources, including videos, animations, and prepU adaptive quizzing.
- Reviewing the Essentials (formerly “Highlights” provides an overview of the material in each chapter.
- Reviewing the Terms (formerly “What You Need to Know”) recaps the vocabulary and tasks students need to master to be successful on the exam.
- Tips for Passing in each chapter, and collected in Chapter 1, offer the student great study tips and strategies for taking the exam.
- Anatomical illustrations clarify structures and processes and help students assimilate the written information.
- Affirmationshelp students maintain a positive attitude about passing the exam
NEW to this edition:
- A new, full color art and design program makes the book more accessible, engaging, and easier to study from.
- New Practical Application boxes connect key information to massage therapy practice.
- An enhanced teaching and learning package includes videos and animations to help students master complex structures and processes.
- An online chapter on Energy modalities helps those who are preparing for the Board Certification Exam of NCB.
- PrepU adaptive quizzing is now available with this edition to help students improve their performance while providing instructors with a window into student and class progress by highlighting misconceptions, strengths, and weaknesses.
Part I Getting Ready for the Exam
Chapter 1 A Positive Approach
Chapter 2 Coverage on the Exam
Part II Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology by Body Systems
Chapter 3 An Overview of Anatomy, Physiology and Pathology
Chapter 4 Basic Medical Terminology
Chapter 5 The Chemistry of the Body
Chapter 6 The Cellular Level of the Body
Chapter 7 The Integumentary System
Chapter 8 The Skeletal System
Chapter 9 The Muscular System
Chapter 10 The Nervous System
Chapter 11 The Brain and Spinal Cord
Chapter 12 The Endocrine System
Chapter 13 The Cardiovascular System
Chapter 14 The Lymphatic and Immune Systems
Chapter 15 The Respiratory System
Chapter 16 The Digestive System
Chapter 17 The Urinary System
Chapter 18 The Respiratory System
Part III Biomechanics and Kinesiology
Chapter 19 Safe and Efficient Movement for Client and Therapist
Part IV Theory, Assessment, and Application
Chapter 20 Assessment, Reassessment, and Treatment Planning
Chapter 21 Universal Precautions
Chapter 22 Contraindication and Cautions for Massage
Chapter 23 Massage and Bodywork Techniques
Chapter 24 Modalities
Part V Professional Ethics, Standards, and Business Practices
Chapter 25 The Ethics and Standards of Massage & Bodywork
Chapter 26 The Business of Massage
Part VI Concepts of Energy
Chapter 27 Traditional Eastern Theories and Bodywork