Setting out to design a nursing simulation program or to improve one already in place?
Drawing on the personal experiences of experts and pioneers in the field, Simulation Champions: Fostering Courage, Caring, and Connection offers the practical information needed to deal with the real challenges of creating or improving a simulation program, alongwith detailed information on the change management and leadership skills needed for success. Whether you are building a nursing simulation program from the ground up or are seeking to improve an existing program, you will find the information and tools youneed to develop strategies for adoption, maintenance, and evaluation, including coverage of important considerations, such as physical space, budget, curriculum and human resources.
- Extensive coverage of leadership and management concepts critical to implementing a simulation program prepares you for potential challenges and pitfalls.
- Coverage of change management helps you understand specific issues you might face at your institution, along with strategies for addressing them.
- Ready-to-use online templates and forms help you implement key concepts and skills.
- INACSL Standards of Best Practice: SimulationSM throughout the text help you ensure the program you develop meets current best practices.
- Simulation on a Shoestring feature offers creative ideas to save your program valuable dollars.
- Voice of Experience sections present personal narratives from Simulation Champion pioneers across the globe. Each describes a challenge encountered, how the challenge was met, and outcomes and lessons learned, as well as inspirational quotes or messagesfrom them to you.
“These simulation champions have gathered other like-minded early adopters of simulation to write a compendium of collected wisdom to move faculty and nursing programs or hospitals forward with the successful adoption of simulation as a major part of teaching, onboarding, or competency evaluation.”
Suzie-Kardong Edgren, PhD, RN, ANEF, CHSE, FAAN
From the Foreword