Part of the highly regarded Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery series, Soft Tissue Surgery, Second Edition is a concise, easy-to-read, lavishly illustrated reference covering key soft tissuetechniques in step-by-step detail. Ideal for orthopaedic surgeons, plastic surgeons, military surgeons, and general surgeons working as part of a trauma team, this Second Edition features a wealth of new content on soft tissue management, how to avoid problems, and how to correct problems as they occur. Six new chapters, new editor and orthopaedic trauma specialist Dr. Stephen Sems, andcurrent coverage of what’s new in the field keep you up to date.
- Features new chaptersonthekey-stoneflapforclosure of traumatic injuries; management of thecompositedefect (skin and boneloss) following trauma in theupper and lowerextremity; softtissuecoverage of thespine; softtissuecoveragefollowingpelvic trauma; neuroma managementfollowingmajoramputations; and targetedmuscle re-implantation and advancedprosthetics.
- Includes new contentonthe role of biosynthetics and allograft skin substitutes in woundcoverage and assessment of skin viabilityintra-operatively (the SPY system).
- Emphasizesindications and contraindicationsforspecificincisions and methodsforflapcoverage in cases of softtissueloss.
- Offersexpertguidancefromworld-renownedsurgeonswithexperience in bothsofttissue and bonemanagement.
- Describes preferredtechniques in step-by-stepdetail, includingpertinentanatomy, and pearls and tipsforimprovingresults.
- Highlightstheconcisetextwith full-color, sequential, surgeon's-eyeviewintraoperativephotographs, as well as drawingsbynoted medical illustrators.
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-linksthat pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and morefor easy navigation
- Highlighting toolfor easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share noteswith friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbingto save your favorite content for future use