This updated 4th Edition of Therapeutic Exercise does more than provide a listing of exercises—it builds practice preparedness and clinical reasoning skills by focusing on the rationale behind exercise selections and progressions.
Now in striking full color and more accessible than ever, the text emphasizes return to function, aligns with the most recent ICF framework, and reflects the latest strategies in physical therapy.
This edition continues to show readers how to use therapeutic exercise and related interventions to close the gap between current and desired performance, while incorporating new research and updated pedagogy.
- More streamlined content makes it easier for students to find the information they need.
- A new full-colordesign, photo, and illustration program makes content more accessible and engaging.
- New! Expanded exercises with more detailed steps make it easier for beginning students to learn the toolbox of exercises.
- Revised and Expanded Case Studies in every chapter help students think through and apply what they’ve learned to specific scenarios. Additional case studies are available online.
- Updated literature review and evidence-based data ensures that students have access to the most reliable and up-to-date research in the field.
- Evidence Based Research boxes help connect classroom learning to research
- Building Blocks pose scenarios to help students critically synthesize chapter material.
- Online Video Clips illustrate key exercise techniques.
- How-to information, organized by region, helps students decide what exercises to teach, how to teach them, and how to evaluate the prescribed program for the desired functional outcome.
- Terminology is drawn from the APTA's Guide to Physical Therapy Practice to help readers master the official language of the field.
- Patient-related instruction boxes provide tips on enhancing patient communication and compliance.