Since the first edition was published, this book has become the standard text for trainees in oral and maxillofacial surgery preparing for their exit examinations (intercollegiate FRCS). This third edition represents a major advance with each chapterthoroughly revised and updated and relevant new topics added, such as robotics, laser resurfacing and face transplantation. Once again, the editors have selected renowned experts from around the world to author the chapters, ensuring that the bookcontinues to reflect international best practices.
- Serves as the definitive text of operative oral and maxillofacial surgery, representing best practice in the specialty
- Contains the contributions of internationally recognized experts with each chapter representing a "how I do it" master class
- Illustrates subject material in a clear, easy-to-read fashion with color artwork, photographs and scans showing each procedure in detail
- Provides Vital Source ebook along with print edition, allowing readers to access videos and other electronic components and to download and read the book on a laptop, tablet or other mobile device
- Adds self-test multiple choice questions to each chapter to aid revision and enhance learning for trainees
Diagnostic Investigations. Oral Surgery. Surgical Techniques. Malignant Disease of the Mouth and Jaw. Salivary and Thyroid Surgery. Vascular Lesions. Trauma. Temperomandibular Joint. Cleft Lip and Palate. Craniofacial Surgery. Facial AestheticSurgery.
John D. Langdon is emeritus professor of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, King's College London, UK.
Mohan Patel is consultant maxillofacial surgeon, Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust, Reading, UK.
Robert A. Ord is professor and chair, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, University of Maryland School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, USA.
Peter A. Brennan is consultant maxillofacial surgeon and professor of surgery, Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth, UK.