This work combines coverage of both spasticity and contractures as these two phenomena are often closely interrelated. Current researchers do not differentiate between these individual impairments and, as a result, there is significant confusion in the literature. Thisbook discusses both conditions and then separates them into their respective components. If these two conditions co-exist (which is generally the case), then the management of a patient will need to be customized to individual clinical presentation. This book covers thisapproach in detail.
- Provides information that is clinically relevant and strongly researched based
- Includes clinical studies covering both spasticity and contractures, which is unique
- Presents editors and contributors that are world-class experts
- Takes a cook book approach to measurements in clinical studies and research
- Contains extensive references that are included at the end of each chapter