- Combines computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance (CT) cardiac images to show comprehensive approach to diagnosing congenital heart disease in adults
- Includes extensive CT and MR images, full color anatomic illustrations, and correlative cadaveric pictures?
- Written by leading authorities in the field
This book is a state-of-the art reference that presents computed tomography (CT) and magnetic resonance (MR) cardiac imaging for the diagnosis and treatment planning of adult congenital heart disease (ACHD). It highlights the advantages of CT and MR in the management of ACHD, focusing on the complementary collaboration between these two modalities where possible. CT and MR aids in the evaluation of cardiac anatomy and function, leading to the demonstration of the full spectrum of abnormalities in complex cardiac malformations and the discovery of anomalous pathologies missed by other imaging techniques.
The book includes coverage of these topics:
- Basic principles and techniques of CT and MR for ACHD
- Common congenital heart problems in adults such as intracardiac shunts, right and left ventricular outflow tract abnormalities, repaired tetraology of Fallot, cardiomyopathies, aortic arch maldevelopement, anomalous venous return, and coronary vessel anomalies
- Special considerations such as surgical management of adult patients with congenital heart disease, MRI in repaired congenital heart disease, virtual surgery in congenital heart disease, and cardiac MR in patients with implantable arrhythmia devices
Featuring over 500 CT and MR cross-sectional and post-processed images, full color anatomic illustrations, and correlative cadaveric picture, this book is a valuable resource for radiologists, cardiologists, interventional cardiologists, and cardiothoracic surgeons.
Table of contents
1. Classification and Epidemiology.- 2. Embryology.- 3. Cardiac MRI Examination: An Overview.- 4. Magnetic Resonance Angiography.- 5. Principles of CT Imaging.- Echocardiographic Imaging in Adult Congenital Heart Disease.- 6. Echocardiographic Imaging in Adult Congenital Heart Disease.- 7. Right Ventricle Outflow Tract.- 8. Left Ventricular Outflow Tract.- 9. Repaired Tetralogy of Fallot.- 10. Transposition of the Great Arteries.- 11. Univentricular Heart.- 12. Visceroatrial Situs in Congenital Heart Disease.- 13. Cardiac Shunts: ASD, VSD, PDA.- 14. Atrioventricular Septal Defects.- 15. Ebstein Anomaly.- 16. Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.- 17. The Right Myocardium.- 18. CT in Pediatric Congenital Heart Disease.- 19. Surgical Considerations in Adult Patients with Congenital Heart Disease.- 20. MRI in Repaired Congenital Heart Disease.- 21. Cardiac CT and MR Evaluation of the Adult Fontan Patient.- 22. Transcatheter Interventions in Adult Congenital Heart Disease.- 23. Virtual Surgery in Congenital Heart Disease.- 24. Aortic Arch Anomalies.- 25. Pulmonary Hypertension in Congenital Heart Disease.- 26. Congenital Thoracic Venous Anomalies.- 27. Coronary Artery Anomalies.- 28. Coronary Veins.- 29. Congenital Pericardial Anomalies.- 30. Extracardiac Complications.- 31. Cardiac MR in Patients with Implantable Arrhythmia Devices.