ABOUT THIS BOOK
- Thoroughly revised and updated
- Includes updated information on diagnostics techniques such as genetic testing for hereditary optic neuropathies, new data on toxic/drug-related optic neuropathies, low tension glaucoma and recent data from clinical trial studies
- Highlights optical coherence tomography (OCT) for imaging of the optic nerve, how OCT is used in differentiating optic nerve disorders from other retinal disorders and how OCT is used in monitoring the course of the disease
- Practical reference focusing only on common optic nerve disorders that address diagnosis, pathophysiology, management and prognosis
- Written in a clear, concise style for quick, easy reference in the clinic
- Extensive color and black-and-white illustrations
Optic Nerve Disorders: Diagnosis and Management, Second Edition, is a thoroughly revised and updated reference, including new information on diagnostic techniques such as genetic testing for hereditary optic neuropathies, new data on toxic/drug-related optic neuropathies, and recent data from clinical trial studies. Additional novel therapies, including stem cell therapies, the use of nanotechnology, and gene therapies are featured highlights, as is spectral domain optical coherence tomography (OCT) for imaging of the optic nerve. The way in which OCT is used in differentiating optic nerve disorders from other retinal disorders, and how OCT is used in monitoring the course of the disease, is also discussed. This practical reference focuses on common optic nerve disorders. It addresses diagnosis, pathophysiology, management, and prognosis, and is written in a clear, concise style for quick, easy reference in the clinic. With additional color photographs to better illustrate the material, the second edition will prove to be the go-to reference for ophthalmologists, neurologists, and neurosurgeons working with optic nerve disorders.
Content Level » Professional/practitioner
Keywords » glaucomatous - multifocal electroretinogram (mf ERG) - multifocal visual evoked potential (mfVEP) - nonglaucomatous - optic nerve - optic nerve disorders - optic neuritis - optic neuropathy - optical coherence tomography (OCT)
Related subjects » Ophthalmology
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Optic Neuritis.- 2. Ischemic Optic Neuropathies.- 3. Papilledema.- 4. Compressive and Infiltrative Optic Neuropathies.- 5. Traumatic Optic Neuropathies.- 6. Nutritional and Toxic Optic Neuropathies.- 7. Hereditary Optic Neuropathies.- 8. Congenital Disc Anomalies.- 9. Optic Disc Tumors.- 10. Approach to the Diagnosis and Differentiation of Glaucomatous and Nonglaucomatous Optic Neuropathies.- 11. Application of Optical Coherence Tomography in Neuro-Ophthalmic Disorders.- 12. The Use of Multifocal Electroretinograms and Multifocal Visual Evoked Potentials in Optic Nerve Disorders.