Minimally Invasive Surgery in Orthopedics: Upper Extremity Handbook contains all of the valuable chapters from Section 1 (The Upper Extremities) of Scuderi and Tria's 2010 hardcover reference. Newly available in this convenient and affordable softcover format, this book covers minimally invasive procedures and techniques for the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand. The book is fully illustrated with more than one hundred pictures and clearly written for ease of understanding. Surgeons, residents and fellows alike will find this thorough and focused paperback invaluable.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What is minimally invasive surgery and how do you learn it?.
- Overview of shoulder approaches: choosing between mini-incision and arthroscopic techniques.
- Mini-incision bankart repair.
- Mini-open rotator cuff repair.
- Minimally invasive treatment of greater tuberosity fractures.
- Mini-incision fixation of proximal humeral four-part fractures.
- Mini-incision shoulder arthroplasty.
- Overview of elbow approaches: small incisions or arthroscopic portals.
- Mini-incision medial collateral ligament reconstruction of the elbow.
- Mini-incision distal biceps tendon repair.
- Minimally invasive approaches for complex elbow trauma.
- Minimally invasive approaches for lateral epicondylitis.
- Overview of wrist and hand approaches: indications for minimally invasive techniques.
- Minimally invasive surgical fixation of distal radius fractures.
- Minimally invasive fixation for wrist fractures.
- Endoscopic and minimally invasive carpal tunnel and trigger finger release.
- Round table discussion of minimally invasive surgery upper extremity cases.