By Davi-Ellen Chabner, BA, MAT, Newton Centre, MA
Communicate more effectively when you use this pocket reference to medical terms and other useful information! Davi-Ellen Chabner’s Medical Language Instant Translator, 4th Editionprovides the tools you need to understand medical terminology. You can also access key information on common diagnostic tests and procedures, the top 100 prescription drugs, medical abbreviations, symbols, and acronyms — and much more. Based on Chabner’s The Language of Medicine, this practical resource is ideal for any health care environment!
- Quick, portable access to key medical terms and other need-to-know information.
- Common diagnostic tests and procedures.
- Easily confused medical terms.
- Overview of body systems anatomy with full-color illustrations.
- Medical abbreviations, acronyms, symbols and more!
New To This Edition:
- NEW! Updated terms and definitions.
- NEW! Updated topics, including professional organizations and diagnostic categories.
Table Of Contents:
Unit I - The Language of Medicine
1. How to Analyze Medical Terms
2. Glossary of Word Parts Used in Medical Terminology
· Medical Word Parts to English
· English to Medical Word Parts
8. Medical Terms Easily Confused
9. Specialized Terms Used in Medical Records
10. Definitions of Diagnostic Tests and Procedures
· Radiology, Ultrasound, and Other Imaging Procedures
· Nuclear Medicine Scans
· Clinical Procedures
· Laboratory Tests
Unit II - Useful Information
11. Abbreviations for Selected Health Care Organizations, Associations, and
12. Professional Designations for Health Care Providers
13. Surgical Terminology and Technology
14. Surgical Instruments
15. Complementary and Alternative Medicine Terms
16. Common Drugs and Their Uses
17. Major Diagnostic Categories and Diagnosis-Related Groups (DRGs)
18. Normal Hematologic Reference Values and Implications of Abnormal Results
· Blood Cell Counts
· Coagulation Tests
· Red Blood Cell Tests
· Internet Resources
Unit III - Body Systems Illustrations
1. Index of Body Systems Illustrations
2. Cardiovascular System (Aorta & Major Arteries)
3. Cardiovascular System (Heart)
4. Digestive System
6. Endocrine System
8. Integumentary System (Skin)
9. Lymphatic System
10. Muscles (Anterior Superficial)
11. Muscles (Posterior Superficial)
12. Nervous System
13. Female Reproductive System
14. Male Reproductive System
15. Respiratory System
16. Skeletal System
17. Urinary System