By Kathy Bonewit-West, BS, MEd, Coordinator and Instructor, Medical Assistant Technology, Hocking College, Nelsonville, OH, Former member, Curriculum Review Board of the American Association of Medical Assistants
Master the content from your textbook with this helpful study tool! Corresponding to the chapters in Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants, 9th Edition, by Kathy Bonewit-West, this study guide helps you understand and apply material with exercises, activities, checklists, review questions, and more.
- Assignment sheets at the beginning of each chapter indicate the upcoming textbook and study guide assignments, and make it easy to prepare for what's coming next.
- Critical thinking activities utilize realistic situations to help you analyze and apply what you’ve learned with games, role-playing situations, fun crossword puzzles, and independent study questions.
- Pre-tests and post-tests provide a quick assessment of your knowledge prior to and after you study each chapter.
- Key term exercises and assessments help in mastering new vocabulary.
- Evaluation of Learning questions let you assess your understanding, evaluate your progress, and prepare for the certification examination.
- Practice for Competency sections include checklist worksheets to use in practicing clinical skills.
- Evaluation of Competency checklists evaluate your performance versus stated objectives and performance standards, and include CAAHEP and ABHES standards.
- Video evaluation activities include true/false questions relating to the procedural videos shown on the Evolve companion website.
New To This Edition:
- UPDATED content corresponds with the changes in the Clinical Procedures for Medical Assistants, 9th Edition text.
- NEW Evaluation of Competency checklists allow you to practice the new procedures described in the textbook.
- NEW! Practicum activities on the Evolve companion website include worksheets and help you learn how your externship works.
Table Of Contents:
1. The Medical Record
2. Medical Asepsis and the OSHA Standard
3. Sterilization and Disinfection
4. Vital Signs
5. The Physical Examination,
6. Eye and Ear Assessment and Procedures
7. Physical Agents to Promote Tissue Healing
8. The Gynecologic Examination and Prenatal Care
9. The Pediatric Examination
10. Minor Office Surgery
11. Administration of Medication and Intravenous Therapy
12. Cardiopulmonary Procedures
13. Colon Procedures and Male Reproductive Health
14. Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging
15. Introduction to the Clinical Laboratory
19. Blood Chemistry and Immunology
20. Medical Microbiology
21. Emergency Preparedness and Assisting with Medical Emergencies