Neonatal and Infant Dermatology is a unique comprehensive and heavily illustrated reference on the dermatologic diseases of newborns and infants. It includes discussions of common and uncommon conditions seen in infants at birth and in the first few months of life. With over 600 superb photographs of normal and abnormal skin conditions including images of rare conditions, this easily accessible resource is essential for pediatricians, neonatologists, and dermatologists as well as other healthcare professionals involved in the diagnosis and treatment of dermatologic diseases in infants and newborns.
- Benefit from the experience of over 60 contributors from around the world lead by Drs. Lawrence F. Eichenfield and Ilona J. Frieden, two of the most important names in the fields of dermatology and pediatrics
- Glean all essential, up-to-date, need-to-know information with new chapters on Papulosquamous and Lichenoid Disorders, Acneiform and Sweat-gland disorders and two individual chapters on Vascular Malformations and Vascular Tumors.
- See what to expect and how to proceed with new, high-quality illustrations and photos that provide even more visual examples of abnormal and normal conditions.
- Take it with you anywhere! Access the full text, image library, and more online atExpert Consult.
New To This Edition:
- Get the depth of coverage you need to effectively diagnose skin conditions in neonates and infants.
- Expedite effective differential diagnoses with guidance from algorithms, lists, text, boxes and supporting images.
Table of Contents:
Chapter 1 Fetal Skin Development
Chapter 2 Structure and function of newborn skin
Chapter 3 Lesional Morphology and Assessment
Chapter 4 Skin of the premature infant
Chapter 5 Neonatal skin care and toxicology
Chapter 6 Diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
Chapter 7 Transient benign cutaneous lesions in the newborn
Chapter 8 Iatrogenic and traumatic injuries
Chapter 9 Developmental abnormalities
Chapter 10 Vesicles, pustules, bullae, erosions and ulcerations
Chapter 11 Epidermolysis Bullosa
Chapter 12 Bacterial infections
Chapter 13 Viral infections
Chapter 14 Fungal infections, infestations and parasitic infections in neonates
Chapter 15 Eczematous Disorders
Chapter 16 Diaper Area Eruptions
Chapter 17 Erythrodermas; the red scaly baby
Chapter 18 Disorders of cornification (Ichthyosis)
Chapter 19 Inflammatory and purpuric eruptions
Chapter 20 Vascular stains, malformations and tumors
Chapter 21 Hypopigmentation disorders
Chapter 22 Hyperpigmentations disorder
Chapter 23 Lumps, bumps and Hamartomas
Chapter 24 Disorders of subcutaneous tissue
Chapter 25 Neoplastic and infiltrative disease
Chapter 26 Selected hereditary diseases
Chapter 27 Neonatal mucous membrane disorders
Chapter 28 Hair disorders
Chapter 29 Nail defects
By Lawrence F. Eichenfield, MD, Professor of Pediatrics and Medicine (Dermatology), Chief, Pediatric and Adolescent Dermatology, University of California, San Diego and Rady Children's Hospital, San Diego, CA, USA; Ilona J. Frieden, MD, Professor of Dermatology and Pediatrics, Chief Division of Pediatric Dermatology, Vice-Chair Dermatology, University of California, San Francisco School of Medicine, San Francisco, CA, USA ; Andrea Zaenglein, MD, Associate Professor of Dermatology and Pediatrics, Departments of Dermatology and Pediatrics, Penn State University/ Milton S. Hershey Medical Center, Hershey, PA, USA and Erin Mathes, MD, Assistant Professor, Dermatology and Pediatrics, University of California, San Francisco, CA, USA