If you know all of the concepts in this book, you should do much better than pass USMLE„¢ Step 2: You should CRUSH STEP 2! Bestselling author Adam Brochert, MD, who scored in the 99th percentile in Steps 1 and 2 of the USMLE, offers you high-yield coverage of all of the specialty and subspecialty knowledge tested on the most recent administrations of the USMLE„¢ Step 2 exam. A well-written, easily accessible approach, with plenty of helpful lists and tables, makes studying easy. You'll also find numerous tips, insights, and guidance on maximizing your score and on getting the most benefit from computer-based simulations.
- Focus on essential information and master it efficiently with thoroughly updated, high-yield coverage of all of the specialty and subspecialty knowledge tested on the most recent USMLE? Step 2 exam, so you can be sure you're studying the material you really need to know.
- Spend more time studying and less time searching thanks to a well-written, easily accessible approach, with plenty of helpful lists and tables to highlight high-yield data.
- Benefit from an abundance of tips, insights, and guidance to help you maximize your score and get the most benefit from computer-based simulations.
- Review the full gamut of essential subjects with coverage of epidemiology and biostatistics, pharmacology and microbiology, cardiac physiology, and basic EKG pathology, as well as common and life-threatening diseases encountered in orthopedics, urology, ophthalmology, neurosurgery, pediatrics, vascular surgery, and other subspecialties.
New to This Edition
- Get the fresh perspective and insight of new authors, Drs. O'Connell and Movalia, both successful authors of review products.
- Learn from the experience of the Resident Review Board, comprised of high-scoring individuals, who reviewed the book to ensure relevancy and accuracy.
- Confidently prepare for the boards with the text that is trusted and recommended by thousands of medical students and has been reviewed by a board of high-performing (99th percentile) students.
- Enhance your learning and understanding with thoroughly updated images throughout including a chapter dedicated to full-color, high-yield images (with additional images accessible on your smart phone via QR codes).
- Challenge your knowledge with USMLE style questions at the end of most chapters, additional online review questions, and bonus images and questions accessible on your smart phone via QR codes.
Table of Contents
- Cardiovascular Medicine
- Ear, Nose, and Throat
- Emergency Medicine
- Ethics and Patient Encounters
- General Surgery
- Infectious Disease
- Internal Medicine
- Laboratory Medicine
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Preventive Medicine, Epidemiology, and Biostatistics
- Vascular Surgery
- Photos, Images, and Multimedia
- Signs, Symptoms, and Syndromes
Theodore X. O'Connell, MD, Program Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Kaiser Permanente Woodland Hills, Woodland Hills, CA; Assistant Clinical Professor, Department of Family Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA, Los Angeles, CA; Partner Physician, Southern California Permanente Medical Group, Woodland Hills, CA
Mayur Movalia, MD, Hematopathologist, Dahl-Chase Pathology AssociatesMedical Director, Affiliated Laboratories, Eastern Maine Medical CenterMedical Director, Cancer Care of Maine LaboratoryMedical Director, Mount Desert Island Hospital LaboratoryFaculty, University of Maine