Sleep disorders have a significant impact on a child’s physical, emotional, cognitive, and social development, and greatly affect the family, as well. Fortunately, today’s health care providers have highly effective medical and behavioral interventions at their disposal for treatment and prevention. A Clinical Guide to Pediatric Sleep: Diagnosis and Management of Sleep Problems, 3rd Edition, synthesizes current information on the assessment and treatment of sleep disorders in children and adolescents and gives you the practical tools you need to recognize, evaluate, and treat sleep issues. This state-of-the-art resource provides comprehensive, user-friendly guidance on pediatric sleep that will help you improve the lives of your patients and their families.
- Stay up to date with current information on the etiology, clinical assessment tools, and management of specific sleep disorders in children and adolescents.
- Quickly find the information you need thanks to logically organized chapters that cover sleep physiology, developmental aspects of sleep, sleep diagnostic tools, the most common pediatric sleep disorders, pharmacology (including stimulants such as caffeine), and special populations.
- Use handy algorithms to evaluate common presenting symptoms and develop an effective treatment plan.
- Educate parents and caregivers about normal sleep and offer primary and secondary prevention strategies to be used at home.
- Keep your practice up to date with new diagnostic criteria, revised and new practice guidelines from the American Academy of Sleep Medicine and the American Academy of Pediatrics, and updated and new clinical screening and parent handouts for each age group.
- Access an extensive collection of appendices online, including professional resources, and expanded list of intake and screening questionnaires, and parent education handouts for each age group and each sleep disorder
Now with the print edition, enjoy the bundled interactive eBook edition, which can be downloaded to your tablet and smartphone or accessed online and includes features like:
- Complete content with enhanced navigation
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links that pull results from content in the book, your notes, and even the web
- Cross-linked pages, references, and more for easy navigation
- Highlighting tool for easier reference of key content throughout the text
- Ability to take and share notes with friends and colleagues
- Quick reference tabbing to save your favorite content for future use
About the Author(s)
Jodi A. Mindell PhD
Professor of Psychology, Director, Graduate Program in Psychology, Saint Joseph's University; Associate Director, Sleep Center, Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA
Judith A. Owens MD, MPH
Associate Professor of Pediatrics, Alpert Medical School at Brown University, Hasbro Children's Hospital, Providence, RI