Effective management of the human hand depends on accurate diagnosis. To perform a successful examination, medical personnel need a sound knowledge of the anatomical principles relevant to this complex structure. The Hand: Anatomy, Examination, and Diagnosis, Fourth Edition provides that vital information.
Published in partnership with the American Society for Surgery of the Hand, this concise, pocket-size manual is a practical guide to evaluating a wide variety of common hand injuries and diseases. This clearly written, thoroughly researched, full-color book will be invaluable to orthopaedic, plastic, hand, and general surgeons, as well as emergency room physicians, family physicians, physical therapists, medical students, and nurses.
- Full-color line drawings and photographs
- The interior design has been completely overhauled; this edition is in full color for the first time
- The anatomy content can be found in its own section, rather than scattered throughout the text
- An appendix section provides a list of abbreviations and recommended readings
- Online access to a video entitled Hand Anatomy and Its Relation to Injury and Disease
Ghazi M Rayan MD
Clinical Professor Orthopedic Surgery, University of Oklahoma; Adjunct Professor of Anatomy/Cell Biology, University of Oklahoma; Director of Oklahoma Hand Surgery
Edward Akelman MD
Education Division Director, University Orthopedics, Inc., Providence, RI