The Third Edition of Patient Care Management Lab: A Workbook for Prescription Practice develops and fine-tunes skills in reading, evaluating, and filling prescriptions. Students learn to decipher handwritten prescriptions, examine prescriptions for inaccuracies, evaluate a drug in relation to their patient's drug and social history, and fill prescriptions accurately. Each chapter corresponds to a particular disease state, summarizing the key characteristics and concerns with the associated drugs.
- NEW! Medication Therapy Management Questions and Comments help students prepare to assist their patients in understanding their prescriptions, the effects on their health, and how the medications may affect their lifestyle.
- All of the prescriptions in the text have been reviewed for currency and revised with the latest information.
- Chapter Objectives set forth a list of competencies that students will gain upon successful completion of the chapter.
- Drug List highlights the drugs discussed and included with patient cases in the chapter.
- Drug Hot Points highlight key characteristics and concerns associated with the drugs covered in the chapter.
- Question to be Answered in Preparation for Chapter Lab ensure that your student's knowledge of the drugs and diseases covered in the chapter is sufficient to advance to the patient cases.
- Supplemental Prescriptions Appendix provides additional prescriptions so students can further hone their skills.
- Puzzles and Problems appendix asks students to evaluate 36 prescriptions that are difficult to decipher or, if filled as written, could be harmful.
Table of Contents
- Chapter 1 Cardiovascular, Part 1
- Chapter 2 Cardiovascular, Part 2
- Chapter 3 Geriatrics
- Chapter 4 Pain and Controlled Drugs
- Chapter 5 Drugs for Neoplastic Disorders and Immunosupressants
- Chapter 6 Gastroenterology
- Chapter 7 Genitourinary
- Chapter 8 Antimicrobials
- Chapter 9 Mental Health, Part 1
- Chapter 10 Mental Health, Part 2
- Chapter 11 Muscle Relaxants and Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Chapter 12 Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Asthma
- Chapter 13 Ophthalmics
- Chapter 14 Diabetes Chapter 15 Miscellaneous Products
- Appendix A Supplemental Prescriptions
- Appendix B Puzzles and Problems Abbreviations
About the Author(s)
Richard Finkel PharmD Assistant Professor, Pharmaceutical and Administrative Sciences, College of Pharmacy, Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL