The Volleyball Drill Book covers all volleyball’s positions and provides 115 team drills that reflect gameplay situations and enables players to be ready to serve, set and hit their way to victory.
This comprehensive book will help players improve their passing, setting, blocking, digging and serving skills and helps coaches plan and develop more effective team practices.
The numerous drills and comprehensive coverage will keep team motivation high, improve scoring efficiency and emphasize players’ conditioning.
Each drill includes a detailed explanation of the purpose, setup and execution, as well as variations and coaching points to help teams perform each drill properly and help coaches fix common mistakes.
During and after the 2012 games, interest in this Olympic sport is sure to rocket and this book is suitable for players and coaches at all levels of play.
- Chapter 1 Perspectives on Human Physiology and Hydration
- Chapter 2 Thirst as a Signal for Fluid Intake
- Chapter 3 Water’s Role in Thermoregulation
- Chapter 4 Salt Balance in the Body
- Chapter 5 Emergence of the Sports Drink Industry
- Chapter 6 The Shaky Science of Hydration
- Chapter 7 Early Drinking Guidelines
- Chapter 8 Discovery of Exercise-Associated Hyponatremia
- Chapter 9 The Biology of EAH
- Chapter 10 EAH and EAHE on a Global Scale
- Chapter 11 Guidelines for Fluid Intake
About the Author(s)
Incorporated as a private not-for-profit educational corporation in 1981, the American Volleyball Coaches Association currently has members across the USA and in 30 other countries.
Teri Clemens spent 14 years coaching at Washington University, where she compiled an impressive overall record. Clemens is now a highly sought-after and nationally recognized motivational speaker and clinician.
Jenny McDowell is the head coach at Emory University and led her team to national championship wins in 2008 and 2010.