A new addition to the Gynecology in Practice series, Chronic Pelvic Pain provides a practical guide to diagnosing and treating chronic pelvic pain in women. Emphasizing diagnosis, management and psychological aspects, the book assists gynecologists to better care for their patients suffering from this condition. As a part of the series, various feature boxes are highlighted throughout. "Tips and Tricks" give suggestions on how to improve outcomes through practical technique or patient questioning. In addition, "Caution" warning boxes supply helpful advice on how to avoid problems and "Science Revisited" boxes offer quick reminders of the basic science principles necessary for understanding the presented concepts.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Neurobiology of chronic pelvic pain (Jennifer Gunter).
2. The differential diagnosis of Chronic Pelvic Pain (Fred M. Howard).
3. Psychiatric causes of Chronic Pelvic Pain and impact of Chronic Pelvic Pain on psychological status (Alessandra Grazziotin).
4. Endometriosis: pathogenesis and management of pain (Jennifer L Kulp and A. Arici ).
5. Pelvic infections and Chronic Pelvic Pain (Nicole Paterson and John Jarrell).
6. The pelvic congestion syndrome (Aarti Umranikar and Ying Cheong).
7. Chronic Pelvic Pain and Adhesions (Michael P. Diamond, Manvinder Singh, and Elizabeth E. Puscheck).
8. Fibroids, adenomyosis, and chronic pelvic pain (David L. Olive).
9. Bladder Pain Syndrome and Other Urological Causes of Chronic Pelvic Pain (Daniela Wittmann and J. Quentin Clemens).
10. Chronic Pelvic Pain of enterocolic origin (Andrea J. Rapkin and Tevy Tith).
11. Musculoskeletal causes of Chronic Pelvic Pain ( Frank Tu, Colleen Fitzgerald, Sangeeta Senapati, and Kristen Pozolo).
12. Dyspareunia: causes and treatments (including vestibulodynia) (Marta Meana and Yitzchak M. Binik).
13. Management of Chronic Pelvic Pain in the adolescent woman ( L. Fedele, Giada Frontino and Stefano Bianchi).
14. Multidisciplinary management of Chronic Pelvic Pain without obvious pathology (Liza Marie Colimon, David Ashley Hill, and Georgine Lamvu ).
15. The role of definitive surgery in the management of Chronic Pelvic Pain and posthysterectomy pain (Brett A.H. Schultz and Tommaso Falcone).
16. Alternative treatments for Chronic Pelvic Pain (Cindy Farquhar).
Edited by Paolo Vercellini, MD, University of Milan, Italy