Vea las próximas publicaciones en
Covering every aspect of the process, this book introduces the design, development, manufacturing, and marketing of footwear. It also presents a comprehensive discussion of how the footwear industry attempts to cater to the wide needs of sophisticated and demanding customers. The text provides a basic understanding of the technology and techniques involved in the design and development of a popular and demanding consumer product. Topics include the measurement and testing process, foot and footwear interaction, mass customization, the manufacturing process, and the marketing process. The author also addresses the latest trends in footwear technology.
- Explains the mass customization of footwear
- Covers the design and marketing of footwear
- Provides all areas of product design
- Presents some of the latest trends in footwear technology
- Discusses the human foot, footwear development, footwear design, measurement and testing process, foot and footwear interaction, the manufacturing process, and the marketing process
Table of Contents
- THE HUMAN FOOT.
- Anatomy of Foot.
- Biomechanics and Functioning.
- Sensation and Perception.
- Kinetics and Kinematics.
- Foot Characterization and Foot Forms.
- Digital Models of Feet.
- Shape and Size Modeling.
- Allometric Modeling.
- Dimensional Analysis.
- FOOTWEAR DEVELOPMENT.
- User Needs.
- Requirement Analysis.
- Quality Function Deployment.
- Upper and Shoe Sole Design.
- Last Design. Last Development.
- Last Design Software.
- Sizing and Grading.
- MEASUREMENT AND TESTING.
- Pressure. Digital Scanning Tools and Methods.
- Digital Scanning Procedures, Databases and Reporting.
- Footwear Testing and Equipment Foot and Shoe Evaluation.
- FOOT-FOOTWEAR INTERACTION.
- Footwear Fit.
- Cushioning and Functional Issues.
- Stability Theory of Comfort.
- Pressure Distribution Effects on Perception.
- State-of-the-Art Factory.
- Mass Customization.
- Footwear Personalization and Custom Manufacture.
- Footwear Quality and Assessment.
- Building a Name.
- Brand Name Marketing.
- Icon Marketing.
Ravindra Stephen Goonetilleke is a Professor in the Department of Industrial Engineering and Logistics Management at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Kowloon.