Physical Rehabilitation of the Injured Athlete is a medical reference book that equips you to apply today's hottest strategies in non-operative sports rehabilitation, so you can help your patients return to play as quickly and fully as possible.
- Send your players back to the field fast with the latest strategies in non-operative sports rehabilitation.
- Get balanced, dependable guidance on sports rehabilitation from a multidisciplinary author team that contributes perspectives from orthopaedics and sports medicine, athletic training, and physical therapy.
New to This Edition
- Ensure effective treatment planning with a stronger emphasis on evidence-based practice.
- Master the latest with brand-new chapters on Developing Treatment Pathways, Biomechanical Implications in Shoulder and Knee Rehabilitation, Temporomandibular Rehabilitation, Thigh Rehabilitation, Gait Assessment, Functional Movement Assessment, and Plyometric Training Drills.
- Access the fully searchable text, downloadable image bank, and 9 online-only appendices at www.expertconsult.com.
James R. Andrews, MD, Clinical Professor of Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine, University of Virginia School of Medicine, Charlottesville, VA; Chairman, American Sports Medicine Institute, Birmingham, AL;
Gary L. Harrelson, EdD, ATC, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Athletic Training Education Program, The University of Alabama; Manager, Educational Services and Technology, DCH Regional Medical Center, Tuscaloosa, AL
Kevin E. Wilk, PT, DPT, Adjunct Assistant Professor, Programs in Physical Therapy, Marquette University, Milwaukee, WI, USA; Clinical Director, Champion Sports Medicine, Birmingham, AL, USA; Vice President, Education, Benchmark Medical Inc., Malvern, PA, USA; Director of Rehabilitation Research, American Sports Medicine Institute, Birmingham, AL, USA