Reducing Risks and Complications of Interventional Pain Procedures - a volume in the new Interventional and Neuromodulatory Techniques for Pain Management series - presents state-of-the-art guidance on avoiding pitfalls and optimizing outcomes. Matthew Ranson, MD, Jason Pope, MD, and Richard Rauck, MD offer comprehensive, evidence-based advice on selecting and performing these techniques - as well as weighing relative risks and complications. With access to the fully searchable text at www.expertconsult.com , you'll have the detailed visual assistance you need right at your fingertips.
- Understand the rationale and scientific evidence for choosing the most effective drugs and techniques.
- Optimize outcomes, reduce complications, and minimize risks by adhering to current, evidence-based practice guidelines.
- Apply the newest techniques and latest knowledge in neuromodulation.
- Quickly find the information you need in a user-friendly format with strictly templated chapters supplemented with illustrative line drawings, images, and treatment algorithms.
- Access the fully searchable contents online at expertconsult.com.
Table of Contents
- Complications of Spinal Cord Stimulation
- Complications of Peripheral Nerve Stimulation: Open Technique, Percutaneous Technique, and Peripheral Nerve Field Stimulation
- Complications of Cranial Nerve Stimulation
- Complications and Avoidance in Cranial Neuromodulation for Pain
- Complications of Intrathecal Drug Delivery
- Complications of Therapeutic Minimally Invasive Intradiscal Procedures
- Complications related to radiofrequency procedures for the treatment of chronic pain
- Complications of Lumbar Spine Fusion Surgery
- Complications of nucleus replacement and motion-sparing technologies
- Complications of Spinal Injections and Surgery for Disc Herniation
- Complications of fluoroscopy, ultrasound, CT, and radiation safety
- Complications Associated with Head and Neck Blocks, Upper Extremity Blocks, Lower Extremity Blocks and Differential Diagnostic Blocks
- Complications of Epidural Injections
- Complications of Facet Joint Injections and Medial Branch Blocks
- Complications of Radiofrequency Rhizotomy for Facet Syndrome
- Complications of Sacroiliac Joint Injection and Lateral Branch Blocks including Water-Cooled Rhizotomy
- Complications of Percutaneous Vertebral Augmentation: Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty
- Complications of Intra-articular Joint injections and Musculoskeletal Injections
Matthew Ranson, Center for Pain ReliefSt. Francis Hospital Charleston, WV;
Jason Pope, Napa Pain Institute, Napa, CAAssistant Professor, Vanderbilt University Medical CenterNashville, TN
Timothy Deer, MD, President and CEO, The Center for Pain ReliefClinical Professor of Anesthesiology,West Virginia University School of MedicineCharleston, West Virginia