Management of Cancer in the Older Patient, by Drs. Arash Naeim, David Reuben, and Patricia Ganz, offers the help you need to effectively diagnose, refer, and manage cancer in geriatric patients. You'll see how to provide effective cancer screening; refer your patients to the right oncologist; deal with comorbidities, frailties, and other complications; navigate end-of-life issues; and much more. A templated, user-friendly format, both in print and online at www.expertconsult.com, makes it easy to find and apply the answers you need.
- See how to best manage geriatric cancer patients with help from leading specialists in both geriatrics and oncology
- Make informed decisions as to when to refer patients to specialists.
- Provide the supportive care your patients and their families need on issues such as such as mental health, pain, fatigue, nausea, insomnia, nutri
- Be prepared to help cancer survivors navigate their after-treatment care including adjuvant therapy, side effects, second cancers, quality of life, and other concerns.
- Offer accurate guidance on ethical issues like competency, end of life, hospice, the role of the caregiver, and more
- Access the complete contents online at www.expertconsult.com
By Arash Naeim, MD, PhD, Director, Geriatric Oncology Program, Assistant Professor, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA; David Reuben, MD, Director, Multicampus Program in Geriatric Medicine and Gerontology; Director, Claude Pepper Older Americans Independence Center; Professor of Medicine, David Geffen School of Medicine, University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA and Patricia Ganz