Written by transcriptionists for transcriptionists, Saunders Pharmaceutical Word Book 2012 makes it easy to look up more than 28,000 brand-name and generic drugs. It lets you quickly locate the drug details you need, such as a correct spelling and capitalization, corresponding uses, cross references of brand names to generics, and the usual methods of administration (e.g., capsule, IV, cream). This edition also contains the latest information on new FDA-approved drugs, drugs in the approval process, and new herbal/natural remedies.
- Over 28,000 brand-name and generic drugs are profiled, including in vitro testing kits, radiographic contrast and other imaging agents, and wound dressings.
- Sound-alike references help you avoid confusing drugs that have similar-sounding names.
- Appendices offer useful information at a glance, including the most prescribed drugs, a list of sound-alikes, therapeutic drug levels, and abbreviations used with medications and dosages.
- Information written by and for medical transcriptionists eliminates unneeded information to save you time in correctly determining the drug being transcribed and confirming related information.
New to This Edition
- Updated drug information ensures that all data is current and accurate, with new drugs added, obsolete drugs removed, and appropriate changes made.