Combining essential hematology content with the diagnostic features of an atlas, Veterinary Hematology: A Diagnostic Guide and Color Atlas delivers all the information you need to accurately assess and diagnose the blood diseases of common domestic animals - including dogs, cats, horses, cattle, sheep, goats, pigs, and llamas. This all-in-one resource utilizes a clinically-oriented and user-friendly approach to guide you through the processes of selecting relevant diagnostic tests, collecting and preparing samples, interpreting sample results, and determining their clinical significance. High-resolution photomicrographs, full-color illustrations, and excellent schematic drawings, tables, and quick-reference algorithms help you clearly visualize these concepts and procedures.
New to This Edition
- Two books in one gives you the information of a user-friendly, clinical textbook and the diagnostic features of a color atlas in a single reference.
- Practical, clinically-relevant text is comprehensive and yet concise in its delivery of vital information such as:
- Principles and procedures that are employed in recognizing normal, abnormal, and artifactual features of blood and bone marrow samples and developing accurate diagnoses
- Common cytochemical stains and summary charts for interpretation
- Sample collection, staining procedures, and diagnostic techniques
- Differentiating features of malignant and benign hematologic disorders
- Miscellaneous cells and blood parasites and their significance in the evaluation of blood smears
- Hematopoietic and non-hematopoietic neoplasms
- High- resolution photomicrographs and excellent schematic drawings, tables, boxes and quick-reference algorithms aid your understanding of basic clinical concepts and differential diagnostic considerations.
- Over 800 full-color illustrations help you clearly visualize the concepts and clinical features of the blood and bone marrow - from normal cell maturation to the development of various pathologies.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Veterinary Hematology
- Hematology Procedures
- Evaluation of Erythrocytes
- Evaluation of Leukocytic Disorders
- Evaluation of Hemostasis: Coagulation and Platelet Disorders
- Bone Marrow Examination
- Disorders of Bone Marrow
- Appendix I. Tables
- Appendix II. Algorithms
- Appendix III. Case Studies
John W. Harvey, DVM, PhD, DACVP, Executive Associate Dean, College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL