Pocket Companion to Brenner and Rector’s The Kidney distills the essential clinical information from the latest edition of the seminal text on kidney diseases and their management. Michael R. Clarkson, Ciara Magee, and Barry M. Brenner detail the key pathophysiologic, diagnostic, and treatment issues in clinical nephrology, including interventional nephrology, endocrine aspects of kidney disease, and plasmapheresis.
- Diagnose, treat, and manage both common and uncommon disorders.
- Find clinical knowledge quickly and easily thanks to convenient tables throughout the text.
- Choose the best option of the many techniques available through discussions of indications for laboratory tests and imaging studies.
New to this Edition
- Enhance your clinical acumen with coverage of new topics such as risk factors and kidney disease, nephron endowment, interventional nephrology, plasmapheresis, xenotransplantation, stem cells in renal biology and medicine, and more.
- Stay current thanks to two new sections-Epidemiology and Risk Factors in Kidney Disease and Frontiers in Kidney Disease-that include topics such as stem cell and genomics.
By Michael R. Clarkson, MB, Fellow in Nephrology, Renal Division, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA; Ciara Magee and Barry M. Brenner, MD, AM(Hon), DSc(Hon), DMSc(Hon), FRCP(Lond, Hon), Samuel A. Levine Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School, Director, Renal Division; and Senior Physician, Department of Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston, MA